Saturday, January 26, 2008

NOT JUST A YEAR OLDER BUT A YEAR WISER





My motion for the year 2008 is to remember as many birthdays as I can and send birthday cards.

I’ve known her for the last 8 years. I started working at my previous company sometimes in the year 2000 and she joined a few months later. We became colleagues just like everyone else. There was no special bond between the two of us. We brushed shoulders almost everyday but only exchange few words when it is necessary. I was then on my top of the world looking, with my own circle of cool and voge-de-vas friends, hopping from one club to another, searching for more meaningful life in a different opposite ways than hers.

But things started to change in 2004; she invited me to join her camping trip. I was unenthusiastic at first since I do not know anyone and I hate the idea of being with unfamiliar ground with unfamiliar faces. But I wanted a change and joining them was my life saving decision. It has saved me from drowning.

We became close friends; we hang up more and more often. We cried together, laugh together and we did almost everything together. We became inseparable. She cried when I told her ‘that someone’ had a crush on me and we are making plans (but later I had to abandoned the plan and married someone else) She cried when I told her I’m finally getting married, she cried on my wedding day, she cried when I told her that I was pregnant, she cried when I told her I have lost the baby, she cried when she told me that she’s getting married (she even shed tears when I told her she look really pretty on her wedding day). But, she cried even more when I told her that I’m resigning from the firm, begging me to stay and both of us cried as we said our goodbyes.

Today, she is happily married, to the man that she first thought would be impossible to be with because of the ‘barriers’ and the differences between them. Now, she is a proud mother of two, Kimi and Helena. Soon, she will be resigning from the same legal firm. She wanted to be a full time housewife, to care for her 2 adorable kids. To spent more time with them. She wanted to revive our old camping team. She is brave enough to come out of her comfort zone. She wanted a change.

Today, she is celebrating her 3? birthday . Half of her dreams, visions are fulfilled. To be with the man she love and to bore his children. And the other half…I am sure she’s planning towards achieving her other dreams.

To you my dear Shaz, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. My prayers and thoughts will always be with you. May you have a merry birthday with your two angels and of course the ever loving Tiger. May God give you HIS blessing and open the ‘pintu rezeki’ for you. A good thing comes to those who wait, you have waited this long and insyaallah, a grand package is waiting for you out there.

I missed our days together, the nights when we spent talking all night long with a cup of hot Kopi Kapal Api. If only…..

Well, HOPE YOU HAVE A WICKED BIRTHDAY HOTTIE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well yeen.. what can I say.. u made me cry girl!!!

I wish I can write something as nice & beautiful as yours to you. But I'm never a good "historical happennings writer".

Thanks yeen.. for everything.
Only God knows... and I pray for thee.. always!